Recovery training has no training effect, but speeds up the recovery.
- You run at a very low intensity. Your heart rate is a maximum of 75% of your anaerobic threshold. For someone with a threshold of 175 does this mean a heart rate below 131.
- Duration: maximum one hour.
- So it has no constructive effect. The big advantage is that you can start earlier with the next training, which then gives a training impact.
- By the quiet recovery training the smallest capillary in the muscles will easier oxygen and carbohydrates take in and remove waste products.
- If the training has been well carried out you feel better directly after training.
- See also: Recovery measures.